The BBC give us more news about the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, whose the name of this episode (7.15) which is "The Day of the Doctor".
Earlier, the BBC announced the come back of David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor) and Billie Piper (Rose Tyler) who starred on Series 2, 3 and 4. In "The Name of the Doctor" (7.14) we also learnt that John Hurt will play a unknown incarnation of the Doctor. The Daleks will be here too, but the question is how they found the Doctor(s) while normally they don't know anymore who is the Doctor (thanks to Oswie Oswald in "Asylum of the Daleks"). Add to this the Zygons who only appeared in 1975 in "Terror of the Zygons" in which Tom Baker played the Fourth Doctor.
The episode, filmed in 2D and 3D, will be 75 minutes long and will be screened on BBC One, BBC America and in many TV channels in the world. Several shows about Doctor Who will be also diffused on BBC channels :
• "An Adventure In Space and Time" : written by Mark Gatiss, about the beginning of Doctor Who in 1963 ;
• A BBC Two lecture by Professor Brian Cox on the science behind the hit show ;
• An Unearthly Child: BBC Four will introduce new audiences to Hartnell, with a re-run of the first ever story. The 4 episodes are being shown in a restored format, not previously broadcast in the UK ;
• Me, You and Doctor Who : presented by Matthew Sweet on BBC Two's The Culture Show is to explore the cultural significance of the BBC's longest running TV drama ;
• Who Is The Doctor? : A 90-minute documentary on BBC Radio 2 with newly-recorded interviews and exclusive archive material.
By the way, the BBC revealed on September 11th the official poster for "The Day of the Doctor" :
Other great new : Doctor Who won Best Drama Series and the Outstanding Contribution Award during TV Choices Awards on September 9th.
A bit more than 70 days and finally this special will come. Geronimo !
Sources : BBC, CultBox & Facebook